Monday, February 11, 2013

Self Portrait 2 overview

1) I was attempting a realistic self portrait with a new brush palette. I wanted to explore several textured brushes and play with new ways to make skin/hair etc.

2) I learned a lot about hair, I've been pretty weak at it for a while so I focused on this the most. Also, I've never been much good with lips and I learned a lot in this area.

3) I definitely still need work on facial anatomy from memory- I would like to be able to be more accurate when drawing without reference.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what to say to be honest. I liked the brushed (I think) you used throughout the photo. It is rather hard to critique when my level of artistry is quite below yours. One thing I did notice is their are blobs on top of the hair that can be removed. I don't know if what the original picture looks like but I thought their may be too much light on the ear. Otherwise awesome job!

    ReplyDelete