Monday, February 11, 2013


My intentions with this photo were honestly to have fun and continue to learn and utilize photoshop to its maximum capacity. I still need to add a background of sorts. It will most likely be abstract. Hair was definitely the biggest problem. However, I also need lots of work on skin tones and blending them. It needs some major touching up. I learned that if I am working from a photo I cannot go from "dark to light" or vice versa. It bothers me attempting to work that way so I end up starting in the middle and then using a continual cycle of adding lighter and darker colors and blending them.

1 comment:

  1. Your painting looks really good, especially in thumbnail view- which is a good indication that your overall value and proportion is correct. I think you could use a little darker tones on the face to help separate some of the forms of your nose and middle face area, similar to the level of contrast that you have achieved in your eyes and mouth. I would focus on that region first, followed by the hair... Also, maybe crop the photo so that your body extends to the end of the frame. As is, it gives the illusion that your top half is floating. All in all, very well done... looking forward to seeing the final!

    ReplyDelete